The immune system is kind of like your muscular system. It takes time, consistency, and dedication to keep it strong and powerful. This year, we are all a little more concerned about our immunity than usual. The best way to stay healthy in fall is to start prepping your immune system now.
Here are a few key habits that you can start in summer to set yourself up for autumn wellness:
- Move Daily: Even mild exercise like walking can keep the immune system strong.
- Eat Seasonally: As the seasons shift, pay attention to what’s showing up in the grocery stores. Match your diet to the shift by including more late summer foods like broccoli, cabbage, radishes, carrots, and spinach.
- Load up on herbs and spices: Many herbs and spices like turmeric, ginger, garlic, pepper, and fresh herbs have antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant properties. These ingredients support the immune system all year long. Go all in with an immune boosting turmeric shot.
- Stay cool: As temperatures start to drop, gradually adjust to the changes rather than immediately throwing on your warmest sweaters. A more gradual approach helps the body transition and avoids overheating.
- Boost with supplements: Many supplements take a few weeks to really offer their best preventative properties. Start your immune supplements in summer and you’ll be well-prepared for a healthy fall and winter.
Is it time for an immune boost?
We're Here To Help
Whether the issue is chronic or acute problems or you simply just want to find ways of healing without prescription drugs, contact a professional at On Point Health & Wellness in Beckley WV for a consultation today.